Sunday 3 February 2013

Moving up in the world!

I have news! I have now officially graduated from my Masters! I now have a Masters with Distinction! Hurrah! Since graduating, I've also submitted my PhD application for a PhD at the University of Southampton. I'm super excited about this, as the project will be a continuation of my project at Bristol looking at body mass of pterosaurs. Now I just have to wait to hear from them about an interview, which I've been told should be sometime in March. Now I will start preparing for my interview. I've never done an academic interview before, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Next on my list is to get some publications done. I have (again) sent my pterosaur manuscript to my MSc supervisor to edit. I'm really confident that it's nearly ready to submit. I think I've addressed the major issues that it had, and hopefully will be sending it in shortly. Unfortunately, in addressing these issues, it has gained too many words and it's now over the word limit. Now I'm not sure what to do! I'm also still working on a Centrosaurus paper that I've been working on since my undergrad. I just have to do a phylogenetic analysis and it'll be done. Oh ya, and re-write a bunch of stuff. In a couple of months though, I could have not one, but two publications! Just need to focus for the next few weeks!